Monday, February 10, 2014

Julie Collings

Well hello there.
I wanted to share a little something with you today about my friend Julie.
She is one of the teachers for my upcoming retreat.
I told you a little about her here.
That was the 'she's doing a retreat for me biography'.
This is the 'she is an awesome friend and woman' tale.


This is the first picture of Julie I ever saw.
Can't you just tell by her eyes that she is lovely?
This picture screams artist, wise, loving...
she is all of those things.

We had a mutual friend who had been talking about Julie and her amazing talent.
I needed some little swag packets for the Jeanne Oliver Retreat and decided
that Julie was the girl to do those.  
Her Etsy shop is just full of beautiful little trinkets and ephemera...




I also decided that Julie Collings was just the kind of 
woman I wanted to be friends with.
Just from that picture.
I expected this serious artist.
She is anything but.
*big smile*
See those smile lines by her eyes?
They are there because when she smiles,
and that is often,
her whole face smiles.

I invited her to go glamping with me for my birthday.
Just a few friends together in the mountains...my favorite place.
Creating, laughing, hiking...
and of course a little trip to SUNDANCE.


She is the most awesome camping companion...
she brings a tea pot and cool teas.
She brings laughter and serious conversation all at the same time.
She asks questions that make you think
and then she listens to the answers.
Julie brings her own brand of magic with her.


Spend 5 minutes with her and you will know of her love for her family.
She is the mom who goes to Comic Con with her kids and actually dresses up.
She adores her kids and it is apparent.
She makes me want to be that mom.

Is she a serious artist?
Why yes she is.
She even has a book.
And yes she does say things like 'tickle your fancy'.
She's cool like that.


She is an artist who loves to teach.
She's taught preschool.
She's created books to teach children to love making things.
She teaches us at an art group we belong to.
She is the best kind of teacher because she also loves to learn.
If you go to Julie's Pinterest there are all of the things she wants to learn.
There are lots of things that she has learned because she has a passion for it.
When she sees something she wants to know about she just does it.
Fearlessly.
I love that.
I hope a little of that will eventually rub off onto me.



In fact, I hope that a lot of her will rub off on me.
She is good and kind and wise.
She is a loyal friend.
A beautiful person.
Everyone should have a friend like Julie.

I really want you to be able to learn from her.
To soak in some of her good.
Lucky you...you have that opportunity.
Not only to learn from her but to create side by side with her.

an Artsy Weekend {Fabric Arts}
There are spaces still available...
to find out all of the details click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! I love to get comments...they make me supa happy.:)