Monday, November 18, 2013

Moments...

I started doing an Artsy Weekend
with the thought that I could provide
a safe space where women who 
enjoy the same things could come and
share a day with each other.
I love to nurture other women.
So many of us need a little nurturing.


I wanted them to be able to learn new things & find inspiration.


Maybe meet some new friends.


Relax and enjoy themselves.


So when those were the exact things 
that I noticed happening
I was, of course, thrilled.  


It's amazing when you gather a group of 
like-minded women together
the power that you feel in the room.
I call it a spiritual feeling.
Because, to me, it is.
I love it each and every time I 
can facilitate that feeling.


A conversation on Saturday's 
event left me thinking hard about 
my role in the friendships that are formed,
the feelings that are felt,
the things that are learned.
I've received notes that have 
thanked me for a life changing experience.
I have heard over and over again
thank you's for my part in these
little weekends.
The conversation on Saturday
made me realize how little a part of
those weekends I really am.
Sure I put in lots of hours putting them
together, I miss bus stops because I am
brainstorming ideas of how to make
them special (it's the only way I am
able to do the same exact thing in the exact
same place every single day),
and I do love the thank you's for my part.
BUT the thing that makes those times
the most special are the women who come.
THEY bring the generosity of spirit with them.
THEY form the bonds with each other
that create lasting friendships.
THEY lift each other up by kindness.
THEY make what I do completely worth every second.
THEY are the special part.
I am truly blessed by each and every one of them.

I would like to thank them for the life changing
experiences that they have given to me.
Unselfishly giving something to me that
lifts me up and gives me hope.
I love each and every one of them.

Have a beautiful Monday and lift someone
up today...say something kind, do a little
something that will make someone
feel special.  You never know what that
might do for them.

xo,
marci








6 comments:

  1. You're a very special kind of woman Marci, Thanks for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming and supporting me! I meant every word up there...you ladies are what make these things amazing!!! Have a BLAST in Mexico...I am JEALOUS!!!

      Delete
  2. You created memories that will last a life time and that I will always treasure! Thankyou for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a beautiful girl!! I am so happy that you were one of those women I talked about up there!!!

      Delete

Why hello there! I love to get comments...they make me supa happy.:)