Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh the Places I LOVE to Go...


Just had to share one picture of my get-away with you...
gosh I love this great State I live in.
AND the blue sky was FABULOUS!!
(Utah County has been stuck in a cloud of goo for weeks)

Anyways...I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite
places to go and dig for junkin' treasures. 
 I'll start with one of my most happy of spots,
You have to go here and see her pictures of it...
you will see why I love it.


is always a fun place to visit.
It's a go to place for sure, if you are looking for something 
chances are you will find it there.
Make sure you poke around outside because there are 
good finds sometimes that are covered in snow.
*big smile*


Those are a couple of places close to home.
There are several others that are in Utah County
that I love to go to but those are the two I visit most.

I wanted to share some of my fave spots that I got to hit
while on my {SOLO} trip down South.

The first little spot is in Scipio, Utah.
It is a tiny little town so you know I love it.
*wink and a smile*
The owner and his wife are in and out so sometimes
they may not be there but if they are make sure and
stop in.  They actually are gold miners that live in Alaska
sometimes!!  I know, right??  Plus Gary is from Eureka which
is this little mining town that I LOVE to go to when I need
to head out for a little jaunt out of the valley.
He and I are kindred spirits.
He's a cool ole guy.
I like to plop down in front of the counter and go through
all of his jars of treasures.
Again, don't forget to dig around outside...good stuff!!


K now...I know this is a weird place to get excited about going to, but I do.  
Don't make fun.
I ALWAYS stop at the Richfield, Utah Deseret Industries (DI).
For those of you who are not familiar with the DI it is a thrift store
that is run by the Mormon Church.

I don't know if I just have killer luck but I usually find something
really good there...YAY!  Once my sister locked us out of her car at
the DI in Richfield, or so we thought.  After waiting for a locksmith
for 1/2 an hour we discovered the back hatch was unlocked. LOL
GOOD TIMES!!


There is also a little antique store on Main Street in Richfield but it's 
a little too pricey for this cheap girl.  There is some neat stuff in there
so if you aren't in a hurry it would be worth a stop by.

I LOVE this place.  The only problem is that they aren't open year round
and I think it's a little iffy as to when they open for sure so you'd have to call them.
Ole' Joe Smith, YES his name is Joseph Smith!, he's a pretty interesting fella.
Him and his wife are well....let's call it a leetle eccentric.
Super nice people.  Lots of good stuff and little places to explore.

Funny story...
My husband was working in Richfield for a few months right after
we bought the farm and for Christmas he really wanted to get me an old
manure spreader for the yard.  He found tons of them abandoned in fields but
farmers are funny about selling things even if they are rotting in a field.
So, after calling every farmer in the county and having no luck, he finally found
Joe.  He had THE manure spreader for me and so Dave purchased it but
it took him a week to be able to get it.  When he went back to pick it up
Joe told him that he had gone to the coffee shop and told his buddies that some
guy had bought his wife a shit spreader for Christmas!!  They all laughed and 
figured Dave didn't like me very much.  He explained that he really liked
me and in fact I would probably cry when I saw it.  I did.
There's my Joe Smith story.


I also usually get lucky at this thrift store in Panguitch.
Last year...another quick story...I giggled hard core at this place.
There was a group of old women that looked like they may
have been alive during the wild west days.  They were
talking about texting and cell phones and how they are evil and 
they had the most foul language I have ever heard come out
of an old ladies mouth...seriously I think I may have laughed 
out loud!!  It shocked the crap out of me and it was so funny.

 Bronco Bobbi's in Panguitch is awesome.
It makes you want to wear cowgirl boots and a tutu at the same time.
They were closed this year and I was so sad.  She doesn't open till March.
YOU HAVE TO STOP THERE IF YOU GO THROUGH PANGUITCH.


One more spot in St. George, Utah.

I drool in this store.  I'm not kidding.
LOVE.LOVE.LOVE this place.
The guy who does their displays is a freakin genius.
They have an old school playground slide hanging
from the ceiling, that's how cool this place is.
GENIUS!
And my friend, Jeannette's brother owns a food joint
right across the street so you can go get some good food
right close too!!  BONUS!


So, there you go, like I said there are so many little spots 
here, there and everywhere that I love to go to.  
I didn't even go North...don't even get me started.
Go forth and junk my sisters.

mwah.



9 comments:

  1. Now I want to go on a road trip! :) Thanks for sharing, love reading about fun little off the beaten path spots. Have a great day! Love Urban Renewal too- the slide in there is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I saw the inversion and wanted to just turn right back around after I grabbed my family.;)
    You have a great day too sweets. That slide makes me want 30' ceilings. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I am over due for a road trip big time! As I am over due to come to UT! I had hoped to be able to make your even but it's not in the cards for that time of year for me. Boooo!! I thought the guy at Star Mill was closing his doors or am I thinking of the wrong place? Anywho, thanks for sharing this knowledge with us. I so wish I lived there! But, my hubby has his heart in Texas and I have my heart with him. Can't imagine leaving him, heheh. Hugs from Conroe, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( We'll get you up here soon one way or the other. I talked to him the other day and they haven't sold it and as of now are still open. YAY!
      I wish you lived here too but I understand. You Texans like your state...even though it isn't as awesome as mine. HA! It's probably best you stay where he is.;) love ya baby.

      Delete
  4. I've been to a few of these spots, but always appreciate hearing about new ones. I have NEVER gotten inside the Wooden Nickle. It's always closed when I am by but I won't give up. I can't even find a phone number for them. Love your photo of the tunnel into Zion Park. I just got back from AZ and can hardly breathe. I long for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to find new spots to make you happy.:)
      It's really cool, I've gotten some of my favorite things there but it is FRUSTRATING to not be able to go there. Don't give up. Here's the number I think (435) 326-4328. It's actually at another park...can you guess which one?
      I haven't felt good for two weeks up here and then I got some blue sky and finally felt good. It's so yucky right now. I usually love winter
      but this stuff is just no good. Hope you had a blast in AZ!

      Delete
  5. next time take me with you! so the star mill is still open?! i freaked out when i heard that they were closing...i miss the days i lived in lehi for trips to the star mill, and all my favorite antique spots! love urban renewal too! i stopped at that di in richfield...i didn't get so lucky. AND my husband said i went to the guys bathroom instead of the girls! i swear i didn't! now i want to go to panguitch, and i hear marysvale has a good cafe place?

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Apparently we need a girls trip with lots of girls. it is for now. I talked to Daniel at Fleaology and he said the Mill hasn't sold and they are open for now. At the DI in Richfield I'm sure it didn't even matter what bathroom you went in to.;) I don't know about the cafe in Marysvale...maybe a stop for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, you ready for creepy?

    i say on our first girls trip, we hit as many of these fabulous places as possible. just a thought. i say creepy because we still haven't met, but...one day we will and i know i will say, why did we wait so long to get to know each other?

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there! I love to get comments...they make me supa happy.:)