Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's A Homemade Spaghetti Kinda Day

I don't know about you but Sunday is the day 
I like best to spend some time in the kitchen.
No-one is bothering me about what's for dinner because 
I can start it way before they are starvin' marvin. 
 My middle one would eat spaghetti every.single.day. 
 So every once in awhile
I break out the big pot and make a 
double batch of home-made sauce,
 it takes awhile to cook so it's perfect for Sunday. 
 I always freeze half of it for later {good idea}. 
 My mom is a terrific cook 
and her sauce is the best I've ever had.
So I thought today I would share it with you...

Maralyn's Spaghetti Sauce

1/4 cup olive oil                                            1/2 c chopped onion
1lb. ground beef                                            1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can undrained mushrooms                         1/4 c fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried
1 8oz can tomato sauce                                 1 tsp salt
2 C tomatoes                                                 1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano                                              1 bay leaf
dash basil

Cook onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.  Add ground beef and garlic and cook until meat is browned.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook covered for 1 hour. Cook for 1 hour more uncovered or until desired consistency.  Like I said I usually double this and freeze half...it freezes like a champ.

Have a happy week!!
xo,
Marci

2 comments:

  1. Darn tootin! This is some good sauce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I hate cooking on Sundays... I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there! I love to get comments...they make me supa happy.:)